donderdag 29 augustus 2013

Vacation || I'm officially back!

When you go on holiday to a specific kind of country I think you should dress the part. It's a respect thing and i guess it's cultural as well. You have to look at the people around you and see how they dress. 

I've spend almost a month in Morocco, which is a Muslim country and culture is very important. I am a Moroccan Dutch girl, so I grew up with all the values that are implied in that country. You can't go out wearing booty shorts and a tank top, no matter how hot it is. It sounds weird, but I didn't even want to wear outfits like that. It's not normal in those countries to wear revealing clothes so when you do, you can expect to get all the (negative) attention on you.  

I had a great time catching up with family and just exploring! I loved the beach, the food, the cute shops, the people and i really had a blast. A vacation is really what I needed and that's why I haven't been blogging (as well as other social media outlets) as much as I want to now. 

Here are some of the outfits I wore: 
Outfit #1:
  • Caramel colored top- Vero Moda (2 years ago, price unknown)
  • Maxi Skirt- The Hague market, €20,- 
  • Brown gladiator sandals- Van Haren, price unknown 

Outfit #2: 

  • White patterned top- H&M, on sale €10,-
  • Aqua Maxi Skirt- The Hague market, €15,-
  • White flip fops- Birkenstock, €40,-
  • Little black fake Chanel bag- Moroccan Souk, 100 dirhams (€10,-)
  • Black Henna Tattoo was done by a really nice lady on the boulevard for 30 dirhams (€3,-!)  
Outfit #3/4: Traditional Moroccan Caftan and Djeleba, these were custom made and worn on special occasions like weddings, baby showers, party's and holidays.        


Some pictures of the gorgeous Moroccan Rif Mountains and landscape:  

It's almost back to school for me, so the normal life is coming back again. It's my final year so I really need to focus. I'm going to try to blog more often and start interacting with other bloggers, because I really do enjoy this! 

Please comment what you did over summer break and tell me about everything you did!

Love you lots,
Lamyae
 photo sign_zps7d4f9678.jpg

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten