woensdag 21 mei 2014

TV Shows || RuPaul's Drag Race

I stumbled upon RuPaul's Drag Race through Tumblr (how would I else ;)). When I used to think of drag queens, I would think about some ratchet men with some cheap wigs and some eye shadow on. How ignorant right?




The first thing I found was a gif of Willam saying something really sassy, and I was a bit confused because I was under the impression that I was looking at a beautiful funny woman. So I started researching more and found out that Willam was from RPDR season 4. I started watching the show and I was hooked!

I never knew drag queens could be this talented. They dance, they sing, they act, they sow, they do stand up and sometimes all those things at the same time! With make up painted on perfectly and the most natural lace-front wigs looking really fishy (feminine)!

But you have so many types of drag, it's not only the feminine queens that become successful! Season six starred with a queen that rocked beards, pregnant bellies and Pinocchio noses (all hail Queen Milk, am I right?!), a NY club kid queen that rocked another head (ornacia!) on top of hers, and a spikey body suit!

The top three were: Adore Delano, Bianca Del Rio and Courntey Act. A young punkey Queen, A comedy seasoned Queen and an Australian superstar!

I loved them all but Bianca stood out for me, she was always on top of her game and it paid off because she won!


And remember: you are born naked, and the rest is drag!

Lots of love, 
Lamyae

 photo sign_zps7d4f9678.jpg

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten